Friday, August 7, 2009

I am in love with Meryl Streep

It's true, I am! Movie review to follow.... But first, EATS!
*
Juice for breakfast. I found out that I accidentally bought arugula instead of spinach, but it tasted awesome in my juice nonetheless :) There was also two fabulous kiwis (fully dressed with skin on), but the photo apparently was camera-shy today.
As I twittered earlier today, I was craving guac early this morning but I tried to make myself wait until at least 10am, haha. It felt weird to have it for breakfast! I had 1/2 leftover avocado from last night, so I quickly threw in some tomato, cilantro, and seasonings. It was a great but unconventional "breakfast" :)
Before leaving the house, I quickly chowed on a lot of dates. I truly can't help myself around dates!! Ahh..... soooo good but I realize that eating handul after handful is probably not the best idea. I threw all of these items together - Newman's Own Organics dried apples and 4 different samples from Living Nuts - for a trailmix for the movie later.
It was a fun mix since the nuts were in various flavors, ranging from banana to cinnamon to sea salt to chocolate!
I went to yoga today for the first time in about 2 months!! For whatever reason, I have a hard time going to yoga even though I do enjoy it, and I want to go more. However, I rarely want to add it on on top of my "regular" workout, and I am still in the mindset that it is more relaxation than a workout of its own. Does anyone else feel this way, or do you often do yoga instead of a "normal" cardo workout?
*
Wow.... it was tougher than I thought!! I fit it into my schedule today partially because I thought it would be a good, calming, low-impact exercise today before my long run tomorrow. However, it's very possible that my poor legs will be sore tomorrow!! There were a ton of twists and turns that I did not see coming!
*
After yoga, I went to see Julie & Julia. I just could not wait any longer to see this!! I have been sooo excited ever since I heard that it was being made into a movie, since I read (and loved) the book years ago.
*
Honestly, this movie was FABULOUS!!!! I am pretty extremely gosh darn excited for The Time Traveler's Wife coming out next Friday (that's an understatement), so I hope you don't think I'm fickle when I gush about that one too, but truly J & J was even better than I expected it to be!
I literally had a smile on my face the entire time. It was just that kind of a movie!! It was extremely heartfelt, inspiring, and hilarious all at the same time!!! Meryl Streep has really wowed me recently, in The Devil Wear's Prada and Mamma Mia (she was SOOOO good in Mamma Mia). This just put her over the top, and I really think she may be my favorite actress. Although Amy Adams did a great job as well, Meryl really stole the show. She was so on the money with her portrayal of Julia Child, and she played the character with such exuberance and zest for life it was just stunning. This woman deserves an Oscar!! Soooo good. I haven't actually read the "official" reviews yet and I have no idea how many stars this movie got, but I would give it 4 for sure.
*
I'm sure many of you out there will love it as well - especially those of us who love blogging and cooking!!! It was a very uplifting film, the kind that I would love to go back to see again. I left itching to come home and watch Julia Child videos!
*
Now I'm off to start preparing our pizzas! I'm still in the afterglow of J & J... *sigh*.... wish I could see it again... if you don't have plans tonight go see it ASAP, you won't regret it ;)

5 comments:

  1. Oh I want to see that so badly!!!! Glad you liked it so much- now I have to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous, I want to see it so bad,but my hubby won't go with me! I'll have to wait till it comes to Red Box

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! Definitely want to see it. I'm tempted to pick that book up at some point tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom loves Mama Mia. My boyfriend got the dvd for her for Christmas. I personally think it's the cheesiest movie ever but I love Devil Wears Prada. I bought it on dvd for a ridiculously high price as soon as it came out. I love Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep together! I am dying to to see Julie & Julia. I was just talking to my mom today and we're going to see it together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you loved it! I'm going to watch it today.. Hip hip hooray! I'm sure I will love it.

    As for Mama mia- (previous post) I think if you don't just HAVE TO sing along to ABBA then you may think it's absurd... But if you love ABBA then you're a gonner! I almost got up and danced in the theater....

    ReplyDelete