Monday, June 15, 2009

Fundraising

Thanks so much to everyone who is reading my blog! I'm still very new at this and have a lot to learn, but I am having fun with it and appreciate you all for your support!

I also wanted to update you that I am in the process of having Ceasefire Chicago help me to get my fundraising link up and running. Although this blog is a great outlet for me to chat about all of my favorite things, my main priority for starting this was to raise money for an outstanding organization that is working to eradicate gun violence in Chicago. Hopefully the link will be up and running soon! :)

In the meantime, does anyone have any questions about Ceasefire Chicago, or why I am so passionate about this issue? I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I saw your comments elsewhere and was intrigued by your marathon handle. I live in San Jose, CA, but am from the Midwest with family in Chicago. Your blog is even more exciting to me as I'm also a runner, and I love everything about Chicago. Good luck with your training and fundraising!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! It's not quite midnight on the West coast yet and I'm up making a big batch of ice tea for tomorrow. To answer your questions..yes, please feel free to link me to the blogroll...and I do visit Chicago often. Brother lives in Bucktown, aunts/uncles/cousins live in Skokie and Wilmette. Chicago has an expansive food blog community, most of my favorite reads are located here. Good night!

    ReplyDelete