Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 3 without a camera: Baby food


Good morning everyone! I'm such a slackah, it's past noon here yet it feels like my day just started! I got up kinda early (7:30am) when Mike went to work, and first thing went to the gym for pilates!


I haven't been to a pilates class since summer began since I've been busy on Monday evenings (my usual time), so it was great to get back into things. However, this new instructor was HARD!! Every single pose was modified and vastly different than what I am used to. Not only did the moves kick my butt, but she was a drill sergeant and barked orders at us about how to improve our form! Yikes! But it was great and I think I get more out of classes with those types of instructors :)


Then I did 15 mins stairmaster, 10 mins reclining bike, and by then my parking meter had expired.


Breakfast was kind of a fluke, but it was good, so I wanted to share it with you guys! I had a ton of apples that I had bought to juice, but I tend to not like apples plain - they need some PB or something to spice it up. I threw it into my mini FP with some Nu Naturals cocoa extract and some flax. This was pretty good - I realize it was probably a miscombination (do flax seeds count as seeds/nuts?) - and I wanted more...


So I threw in another apple with some plain Nu Naturals Stevia extract, cinnamon, and 2/3 of a banana. While I was making this, I pondered the potential Freudian explanations for my newfound love of blending foods - is this an unconscious desire to revert back to my childhood? - but I prefer to think of the result as more like a porridge, instead ;) It was awesome!!! Like an apple-banana-oatmeal but raw! Yum!


Again, SO SORRY for the lack of pix. My camera should be fixed today hopefully, Monday at the latest I think. Also don't forget to read my previous post to enter the Holey Donuts giveaway contest!!

3 comments:

  1. Your breakfast sounds interesting! I do with you had a photo of that!

    And your workout sounds intense. I love Pilates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that does sound like one rocking breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted to try pilates, is it much different than strength/toning yoga? Oh and thanks for the giveaway reminder!! I'm gonna go enter right now!

    ReplyDelete