Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I'm scared of Twitter!!!

Hi friends!

After eating too much bad-stomachache-inducing, nonvegan food yesterday, I woke up still feeling sick.

BUT, I knew just the thing to get myself feeling back to normal - banana soft serve!!! I used two bananas which took forever in my teeny little mini-FP, but boy was it worth it :-) Today's training plan called for a 3 miler, which I knocked out despite the super high humidity. I had big plans to run to the gym to do a sculpting class, but I was dripping with sweat in a big, bad way and I needed to cool off a bit so I just walked home, which about 20-25 minutes.
*
I bought a purple cabbage last week with hopes of making coleslaw, and I finally got around to it today! This is how I did it:
- one head of cabbage, chopped
- 4 carrots, grated (I used my mini-FP but you could use a hand grater, too)
- vinegar (I used what i had on hand - part red wine vinegar and part balsamic)
- EVOO
- dijon mustard
- a splash of agave and a splash of real maple syrup
- Nu Naturals stevia liquid (love this stuff!!)
- salt and pepper

This ended up tasting awesome!! I loved it so much that I couldn't even be bothered to throw some in a proper serving bowl, I've been eating out of the mixing bowl all morning!
*
I think I may go have some of this in a moment... leftover carrot/lemon/apple/celery/grapefruit juice that I made last night - it's been chillaxin in the fridge since then :)

Ok guys, I am not happy about this, but yesterday I reluctantly joined Twitter. You can follow me here - but if you do, please understand that I may never actually "tweet" (?) - or at least not frequently - because I'm sincerely worried that I will get sucked into the abyss of Twitter and that it will become all-consuming, like Facebook was at one time, and much like the iron grip that the blogosphere currently has on me!
*
I've heard good things, but to me it doesn't seem convenient to update your twitter unless you have a wireless internet phone -otherwise you have to go to the website, etc......and it just seems so time-intensive to have to look up people you want to follow, read their tweets, tweet your OWN tweets, YIKES my brain is spinning just thinking about it!! I know there are things like "twitter deck" or whatever it's called but frankly I just don't know if it's worth the time....
*
Readers, iss there an easy way to be on Twitter without getting stressed about it? Any advice for a newbie Twitterer?
*
I'm crossing my fingers that we have nice weather tonight since Mike and I had planned to go to Movies in the Park to see a free showing of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - hope you all have a great day! :)


4 comments:

  1. You must download TweetDeck! It keeps everything up to date for you and is a desktop app. Google it. Your life will change forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hear you on the tiny FP. i have one of those myself! it barely fits in one banana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is no way I'm going near Twitter!! I don't want to get caught up in the social networking thing either, haha. Blogging (to me) is different :) Oh and to answer your question, I know a few of the yoga poses to do well enough on my own, but if I want a serious session I pop in my yoga DVD (for beginners) after having this for several years, I think I should upgrade soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm following you!! I don't use twitter that much either. I agree, it would be easier if you had a blackberry or iphone and I honestly just don't see the point in it. I like FB better!

    I'll find you and add you on FB!!

    ReplyDelete