Monday, July 13, 2009

My charity fundraising link is set up!

I'm SO excited to announce that I finally figured out how to set it up so that anyone who wants to can donate to the charity that I am raising money for through my Chicago Marathon training!!!

For those of you who have been reading since the very beginning, you may remember that one of the main reasons I wanted to start this blog in the first place was to raise awareness - and hopefully also raise money for - a fabulous organization that I believe in.

Through my marathon training, I am trying to raise money for Ceasefire: The Campaign to STOP the Shooting, an organization that I am very passionate about!!

Basically, Ceasefire is an amazing organization that does a ton of great things for Chicago residents, but it's main campaign is to stop gang violence. As a school social worker in Chicago's inner city, I have seen far, far too many students be touched by gang violence, and frankly I've had enough. So, it's very important to me to raise money for this awesome organization.

I would love for anyone who wants to help Ceasefire to make a contribution - any amount, large or small, would be appreciated by this organization and for the children and adults whose lives it will undoubtedly help save.

I will personally give a shout-out to every single person that donates, no matter what size the donation is - I don't care if it's a single $1.00!!

If you are interested in helping out this great cause, this is what you can do:

1) Go to http://ceasefirechicago.org/donate.shtml
2) Type in "Marathon Val" under "special instructions" so that I can keep track of how many dollars coming in (I won't be notified right away, but sporadically Ceasefire will email me to tell me who has recently made a donation)

Please let me know if you have any trouble accessing this website, or if you have any questions for me!

THANK YOU so much for your help and support!!!!

XOXOX
Marathon Val :)

3 comments:

  1. You are totally amazing for doing this! I will post your link on my blog later this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is such a spectacular organization! I will definitely shine light on it. Thanks so much for bringing it to my attention and good luck with marathon training :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Val! It's Christy from Actors Diet. Love your blog!!! I just saw your comment on my post about prepping and wanted to make sure you got my response so I decided to post it here too.
    I do find that greens go bad faster if I don't dry them well. So what I do is wash them (on the stem), air dry them, and then put them through the salad spinner. As long as they are really dry when I put them back in the fridge, I don't have any problem with them going bad before I use them.

    Raspberries I usually freeze once I wash them because I prefer to eat them frozen so I am not sure about those.

    Good luck with marathon training and eat plenty of whole grains - they help!!

    ReplyDelete