Monday, July 6, 2009

There's a hummus among us

Sunday morning in Bloomington was another classic: Waffle House! This was a memorable spot for Mike and I since it was one of the first places we met up during the week we started dating, over 5 years ago. Let's just say that back in the day I had been a vegetarian, until this guy I liked (Mike) tried to get me to eat some bacon from his omelette, and I obliged. Yuck! Looking back, I am disgusted at my fickleness lol. Thankfully, soon after I became a veg again and have not looked back.

Mike had his usual - a Western omelette - while I had a vegetable omelette made with egg whites and Monterey Jack cheese. I had tomato slices on the side, and it also came with a plate of panckakes.

**PS guys - SO sorry for the crappy quality of pictures!! My flash is broken but I plan to get that fixed soon!
This breakfast also involved a glass of what seemed like fresh-squeezed OJ, and muliple cups of coffee.
Our lunch that day was pretty simple, but still delicious nonetheless. We left Bloomington for the middle part of the day to head to a funeral in Kentucky, and we ate leftover veggies dipped in hummus on the car ride home. Don't have pix from this - it was hard enough trying to balance the veggies and hummus and feed Mike while he was driving while not spilling all over myself - but I am happy to report that Mike is a hummus convert!! I'm so excited for our trip to Costco tomorrow where I'm hoping they still have their enormous vat-full of hummus!!
Dinner was another favorite of ours... The Olive Garden!! Obviously this restaurant is not exclusive to Bloomington, but it's one of our favorites. The Olive Garden reminds me of so many memories over the years... going with my family as a kid, going with friends to celebrate birthdays in high school, with Mike in college, to celebrate after my first marathon with Mike and my parents, after my Greek Orthodox baptism (a necessity before I could marry Mike!), etc. Fun times! :)
I am usually a complete pasta addict, but I was in the mood for nothing but tons and tons and tons of salad and breadsticks, so that is what I got.

I probably had at least 5 breadsticks, some marinara dipping sauce, and many bowls of salad!! I'm so obsessed with the Olive Garden salad dressing that back in college I would buy a bottle (they used to sell it, I don't know if they still do or not) and would keep it in my dorm fridge, to my roommate Shera's bewilderment haha. I think I may have been the only person to do this but that's ok... I also had a tiny glass of the house rosato wine - the waitress was confused and I think she thought that I just asked to sample it so I didn't get poured a full glass, which was fine because I had had some Oliver Winery wine earlier that evening :)






No comments:

Post a Comment