Friday, July 10, 2009

Still no word from camera repair shop :(


Howdy! What a productive day... I successfully cleaned our second bedroom, hooray! Ok, not the ENTIRE second bedroom... just the dresser drawers :) But that was still quite an undertaking!


So I celebrated by making some more gazpacho, this time with cucumber, tomatoes, a bit of raw corn, seasonings, and a dash of nutritional yeast. Bleh.... I had a tiny bowl and then threw in some "cashew cheese". This definitely spiced it up! Then I decided to make cashew cheese by itself cuz it ROCKS :) I dipped some carrots and celery in this masterpiece of a dip!


So it appears I have been tagged by Stacey, of "I'd Rather Be Running" fame! Yikes I guess I'm supposed to say 7 traits about myself...so here goes.


Random facts about Marathon Val

1) I can count to 10 in 5 languages ~ English, Spanish, French, Arabic, and Japanese - I really should learn my husband's language (Greek) too - if only he knew it enough to teach me! ;)


2) I am frequently teased for being a little old lady because I love to knit and take long walks!


3) Every summer for at least 4 years I have re-read my favorite book, The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


4) During college I worked at the largest and most renowned sex institute in the world, The Kinsey Institute


5) Despite the fact that I'm currently training for my third marathon, in grade school I was unable to run "the mile" in gym class without walking most of it


6) Some people think I'm crazy, but I LOVE being a school social worker in inner-city Chicago!


7) If I could go anywhere in the world, the first place I would visit would be Africa - although I would love to go everywhere!


Ahhh, that was a nice flashback to high school ;) Remember getting those email surveys? I guess now I'm supposed to tag 3 more people so..... I tag My Summerizations, Rosey Rebecca, and Chocolate-Covered Katie!



Mike and I are off for some chillin and grillin! We are going to make some hotdogs (for him), marinated salmon (for me), and perhaps some veggies on the side for good measure. Then I will probably get to bed relatively eary since I have a 10-miler tomorrow - call me crazy, but after a great 9 miler last week, I'm actually excited for the run tomorrow!


Have a great night everyone .... sorry again that my camera is broken.... and don't forget to enter my Holey Donuts giveaway!! :)




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

  1. It's so cool that you went to the Kinsey Institute! Oh and I love the Time-Travelers Wife, can't wait for the movie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag! Hopefully I can get around to it. I loved reading yours.

    I hated running when I was little because it would mess up my hair!! Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could never run the mile either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tag! not only could not run the mile in grade school without walking, i DREADED that day in gym class. i tried to think of any excuse to get out of it!

    ReplyDelete